Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hitchin' a Ride

I was driving up to Denver today to catch the Dodgers playing at Coors Field vs the Rockies (L.A. won 6-1 by the way), and I snapped these photos. Yes, I was driving at the time, but there was no one around, and I was being careful.

To make a long story short, this grasshopper was on the windshield when I left the hotel parking lot, and it literally stayed in nearly the same spot on the windshield for a good 40 minutes. At 70 mph. Simply amazing.

...but not quite as amazing as the clouds in the photos, the likes of which I get to experience almost daily here.

Click the photos for the larger versions.







1 comment:

  1. It looks like the grasshopper is a giant monster. In the first photo he's perched on the mountain surveying his prey. Then he flies away to create chaos!

    ReplyDelete