Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My new job

I've been at this job for two days and I figured it's about time I write about it, since everybody keeps asking. It's a large web company that sells customer service, tech support, provides online video gaming. For legal reasons the company discourages people from blogging, tweeting, or generally writing about them, so I will try to refrain from naming the company, but you might be able to deduce it from a photo or two below. That's acceptable, right?

There are only a handful of tall buildings in Colorado Springs. I can count them on one hand. I work on the top floor of one of them. (As always, click on the photos below for a larger version)

The brick building, second from the right, with the single horizontal line of black windows across the top floor is my building, and I work on that floor.


This view is looking east toward the building, and I work on the south side of it.
Doing a little bit of research, I've learned that it's called the Alamo Corporate Center.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The view from my desk. That's Cheyenne Mountain in the background, where NORAD is located. It's a military base INSIDE the mountain.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wells Fargo Tower, the tallest building in Colorado Springs. I'm a little bummed at the location of Wells Fargo Tower in relation to my office, because it totally blocks what would be a stunning view of Pike's Peak.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

FirstBank Building
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm not sure what this building is, but I think it has something to do with the U.S. Olympic Committee. It's right across the street, and almost completely built.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Looking north up Tejon Street.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My desk. I need to spruce it up.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No one works in this cubicle next to me... hmmm... I need to get on that.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

...

And for those of you who were shocked to hear that the smoke from the L.A. fires made its way to Colorado Springs...
Hazy Pikes Peak

No comments:

Post a Comment